Longarm QuiltingWhat do you like?
- Computerized Edge to edge quilting is 1.5 (0.015) cents per square inch. For example if your quilt is 50 x 60 = 3,000 square inches x 0.015 = $45.00.
- Custom quilting, ruler work, etc. begins at 6 cents per inch (0.06). Email me through the contact page for details on custom quilting.
- You quilt should be free of holes and excess thread should be trimmed. The top should be well pressed and ready to quilt. If your top is not flat, you will have puckers and/or tucks in the quilting. I like to use starch or Magic Sizing™ for pressing my tops flat. If I have to press your top, there will be an additional $10 charge.
- Quilt backing and batting must be at least 4-6 inches larger than your top on ALL sides – no exceptions!
- Please be sure your batting is squared up. If you piece your batting, seams should run horizontally and be pressed open. I like to use ½ inch seems in my pieced backings.
- I will choose the color of thread that matches and blends best with all fabrics in your top. There will be an extra charge of $10 per color if you want more than one color used.
- I like to use, and have available Quilter’s Dream batting at $12.50 per yard. I also will use Hobbs Heirloom 80/20.
- There is a $10 down payment required for reserving your spot. When quilting is completed, the $10 is applied toward the final cost.
- You are responsible for shipping your quilt to me and covering return shipping costs.
- I will trim your quilt if you wish for an additional $10 charge.
- I do not bind your quilt!
- Once your quilt is ready to send, please email me via the Contact page with your phone number and the best time to reach you to talk about your quilting needs. Thank you for stopping by!
Ila’s Coffee Quilt
Ila embroidered the blocks using designs from Embroidery Library. I pieced the blocks, sashing, and borders for her and then custom-quilted it with my longarm “Mattie” named for my grandmother who taught me sewing and instilled in me the love of quilting! I used Superior threads and Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 batting. I think Ila’s granddaughters love her quilt also! All fabric is from Connecting Threads.
Jean’s Louisiana Sunsets
This beautiful quilt was created by Jean – my sewing-embroidery-quilting buddy! The pattern is Louisiana Sunsets by Dogwood Designs. I think she purchased it from Mes Amis Quilt Shop in New Orleans! This is SEW beautiful. I love the batiks she used. Custom quilted by SBD Embroidery & Quilting (that’s me!! LOL) using Glide cotton thread and Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 batting.